Spring is the time when the chickens are flush with eggs and I’m always looking for ways to use them up. This recipe is quick and nutritious.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked ham chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese divided
- 3 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll pie crust and press into a 9″ pie plate, crimping the top edges if desired.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle ham, 1 cup of cheese, and green onions into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture over top. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top of egg mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the center is completely set. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This is a versatile recipe, you can add just about anything you want. We like it with feta, precooked bacon and spinach with cheddar sprinkled on top. Also, I make my own crusts but if you use a pre-made crust you can have dinner in the oven in minutes. Serve with a salad and dinner is nutritious and quick. If you have leftovers, cool the quiche for up to two hours on the counter, and then refrigerate. To reheat, cover the quiche with foil and bake for about at 325F (until just heated). Cooling it before refrigerating helps keep the crust a bit more crisp